The “Karen’s Kids” fund provides resources to children in need at Arongen Elementary School in the Shenendehowa School District.Golf Outing Huge Success...
The fourth Karen’s Kids Golf event was held on July 27, 2015 and it was another great success!! There were 86 golfers, over 30 sponsors and more than 50 raffle prizes. It was a warm beautiful day and everyone had a great time golfing and being together. We raised a total of $13,600 for Arongen. We will be presenting a check to Arongen Principal Ben Roberts at the October 13, 2015 Shen Board of Education meeting where we will also provide an update on the many great things the school is doing to help the children and the Arongen community.
Karen’s Kids would like to thank Eagle Crest Golf Course and their staff for another excellent event. We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support from the golfers, donors and sponsors and our friends and family. Their generosity and commitment to our cause is a true testament to Karen’s life and the good things we are doing for children in her memory. Over 200 photos from the day are posted on the Karen’s Kids Facebook page.
Our deepest and heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who joined us and who made it another special day!
The Karen’s Kids Team.
Making a difference...
Karen Field was a Special Education Aide at Arongen Elementary School in the Shenendehowa School District. She loved working at Arongen and she loved the Arongen family. She made many great friends and got to work with many special children. She called it her dream job.
Karen passed away in 2011 after a long and hard fought battle with breast cancer. In honor of Karen’s kind and giving nature, the “Karen’s Kids” fund has been established in her memory at Arongen to help children and to keep Karen’s spirit with us always.
The “Karen’s Kids” fund provides resources to children in need. Your donation will help provide school supplies, backpacks, clothing, snacks and other items for those children who may need a little help as identified by staff and teachers at Arongen.
If you would like to help, please send a check or money order payable to Karen’s Kids, to Arongen Elementary School, 489 Clifton Park Center Rd, Clifton Park, NY 12065, Attention Benjamin Roberts.
4th Annual Charity Golf Event
Date: Monday, July 27, 2015
7:30 am registration, 8:30 shotgun start
Location: Eagle Crest Golf Club
1004 Route 146A
Clifton Park, NY 12065
Cost: $110/Golfer - $440/Foursome
- 18 Holes of golf, scramble format
- Continental breakfast before golf
- Dinner immediately after
- Lots of great contests, raffles, and prizes
Event Coordinator: Brad Field (518) 373-0015 email@example.com
How to Get Involved:
This event will raise money for the Karen’s Kids Fund, which provides resources for children in need at Arongen Elementary School and was established in memory of Karen Field, who was a Special Education Aide at the school.
Your generosity and support of Karen’s Kids makes a difference:
- Arongen Playground – Karen’s Kids partnered with the PTA and donated the $16,725 proceeds of the last year’s golf tournament to build a new playground. Total fundraising goals were achieved and a community build event is scheduled for May 16, 2015.
- Weekend Meals Backpack Program – in its second year, Karen’s Kids provides the resources to help 15 children from Arongen and Shatekon for the entire school year. The program provides backpacks filled with food that is child-friendly, shelf-stable and easily consumed. Bags are packed each week by volunteers and discreetly distributed to participating children every Friday afternoon.
- Musical instruments, clothing, school supplies, snacks and lunches are again being provided during the school year using Karen’s Kids funds. A second grade student just recently received an eye exam and eyeglasses using Karen’s Kids resources.